The first Halo Bulletin of 2012!
Last night the Halo Bulletin was posted over at Halo Waypoint. The Bulletin looks at some Halo fans resolutions for the new year, as well, get some information about the new Halo Novel Primordium. Lastly, January comes with a matchmaking update. Read about the matchmaking update, and what you can see when the update hits Reach this January.
• Living Dead updated.
Zombies need games to go along with their brains, which is why we updated this playlist to include the following new spooky map variants: Bedlam, Uncongealed, Pandemic, Count d’Houen, Deadwalk, Powerless, Spooky Base, and Parasitic. We also don’t want you to be “All Alone,” so we turned up the weighting on Condemned. Can we get a bleep-bloop?!
• Team Arena, Big Team Battle and Double Team updated to TU settings.
TU game types are our standard Reach Matchmaking settings with the Title Update changes. Those changes are: damage bleed enabled, modified reticle bloom, sword block removed, Armor Lock modified, and Active Camo modified.
• Squad DLC added. All DLC included/required.
Yes, we read our forums. No, we don’t always respond with words, because sometimes we respond with action instead. Like this time.
When Premium Battle was removed, threads about its disappearance slowly began cropping up. We adjusted the Matchmaking algorithm to match players who have DLC with other players who have DLC more often, but we noticed many players saying they still weren’t getting enough DLC to satisfy their map-related cravings. So we’re bringing a premium list back in the form of 6v6 DLC Slayer. This list is being introduced on a probationary status due to the low population previously experienced in Premium Battle. We will be keeping a very close eye on its numbers, so if you want it to stick around, you’d best play it. Consider this your first warning.
Also, I told you the Matchmaking team loves you! In fact, they wanted me to pass along some hugs. And kisses. And lots and lots of DLC maps!
• Abridged updated to latest version.
The creators, theforceswithin and schmittler 5000, made numerous changes to this map. Here are a few they deemed significant enough to mention:
1. Multi-flag has been improved. The flags now spawn in the front of the base a few feet from the GL (previous PL spawn).
2. A teleporter has been added inside the base that leads up to the two-story (Concussion) towers. This significantly improves movement.
3. The gravity lift to the Falcon has been moved into the base to stop vehicles from getting stuck in a permanent floating state.
4. Kill zones have been overhauled. It is now possible to fly underneath the bridge, and there are no HLG spots that we have found to be a problem.
They also removed the shotguns. It’s worth noting I consider that a bannable offense.
• 2v2 variants of Solitary and Battle Canyon added to Double Team.
We adjusted the Matchmaking algorithm to match players who…. never mind. Enjoy the varied terrain. 🙂
• Grifball early win behavior fixed.
Goosechecka requested that all games go to 343 rounds. We politely declined, and instead fixed the early win behavior on previously affected game types.
• Zealot, Countdown, and Penance added to Team Snipers.
The long barrel was in need of some attention, so we diversified the Team Snipers playlist with some smaller maps. We recommend forgoing the scope and going straight for the wild flailing. It’s a legitimate strategy. We promise.
Read the full Halo Bulletin here.